Attachments

ihavenoidea
Hello,

I am a newbie with Apache Axis and have been trying to work out how to send attachments from a Client to Server. My set up is Tomcat 5.5 with Apache Axis 1.4. I would like to attache a text file or binary file if this is the only format it reads (file will contain a group of strings, doubles or integers) and send it to the server for it to be opened and convert into an array. What I am confused about is how on earth do I even begin programming to make an attachment to be sent? Also, how do i open it at the server end.
There are many tutorials about and the ones I have looked at have lots of different names like SAAJ, JAXR...etc and these use J2EE but is this not a different technology to what I am using?

Any help appreciated as I enjoy learning how to web services! :)
Thanks.