Axis 1.2 vs 1.2RC3 for UDDI v3 WSDLs

Volodymyr Ilchenko
Hi All,

I have a problem with Axis 1.2 release, which I didn't have with Axis
1.2RC3.

I try to use WSDL2Java tool to generate Java sources from UDDI v3 WSDLs
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/tcspecs.htm#uddiv3).
The WSDLs are updated to conform to JAXRPC 1.1 spec as described at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/tns.htm#jaxrpc11

I get the following error during generation:

java.io.IOException: Type
{http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#}SignatureProperty is referenced but
not defined.
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.java:663)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:543)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:516)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:493)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:360)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The command line parameters are:
-s -o src uddi_v3_service.wsdl

All the WSDL's are available locally.

Java version is j2sdk1.4.2_07.

What's wrong?

Best regards,
Volodymyr

Re: Axis 1.2 vs 1.2RC3 for UDDI v3 WSDLs

Anne Thomas Manes
I can only assume that your WSDL references the dsig:SignatureProperty
type, but the type is not defined. Make sure all your imports are
correct and the dsig schema is available at the location you've
specified.

On the other hand, I'm not convinced that you need to follow the
JAX-RPC technical note.

The JAX-RPC note removes use of the <xsd:choice> compositor and the
"final" attribute. If the tool you're using supports these features,
then there's no need to follow the guidelines defined in the JAX-RPC
technical note.

Axis supports the <xsd:choice> compositor. I don't know whether it
supports the "final" attribute. I suggest that you try running
wsdl2java using the standard WSDLs and see if that works.

Anne