Axis-1.4 - JDBC Driver - Mac OS X

ntrebon
I am trying to set up a simple web service example on my local machine that can access a mysql database.  No matter what I do, I cannot get the server code to load the jdbc driver (I get ClassNotFound exceptions).  When I run a plain java app that uses the driver, the app can successfully query the database.  Currently, my server code prints out my classpath, and the jar file is not in the classpath that the server code uses.  I have tried placing the jar file various places, but it is never found.  I have tried tomcat/common/lib, tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/, tomcat/shared/lib/, etc.  When I try the fingerprint.jsp page within axis, I see that the jar is listed under the webapp jars section.  Any ideas?  A colleague was able to get my example working under Gentoo.  Is this an OS X thing?

Here's my details:
Max OS 10.4.6
Apache Tomcat 5.5.17
Apache Axis 1.4
mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.java

Re: Axis-1.4 - JDBC Driver - Mac OS X

SebDel
Hello,

Did your ever find the solution to this problem? I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I have been running the setenv.sh script that comes with Axis so that the complete path to the MySQL driver JAR file is included in the environment variable AXIS2_CLASSPATH but it doesn't work, Axis doesn't seem to find the JAR file.

Thank you for your input,

Sébastien.

ntrebon wrote

Apache Axis 1.4
mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.java

Re: Axis-1.4 - JDBC Driver - Mac OS X

kimuratsy
Hello,

 I think it's a matter of Mac OS X, though
I'm not a user of it. Did you try to use
the followings as the JDBC driver's path ?

/Library/Java/Home/lib/ext
    or
/Library/Java/Extensions

Hope this helps you,
Toshi

ntrebon wrote:

> I am trying to set up a simple web service example on my local machine
> that can access a mysql database.  No matter what I do, I cannot get
> the server code to load the jdbc driver (I get ClassNotFound exceptions).
> When I run a plain java app that uses the driver, the app can
> successfully query the database.  Currently, my server code prints out
> my classpath, and the jar file is not in the classpath that the server
> code uses.  I have tried placing the jar file various places, but it
> is never found.  I have tried tomcat/common/lib,
> tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/, tomcat/shared/lib/, etc.  When I try
> the fingerprint.jsp page within axis, I see that the jar is listed
> under the webapp jars section.  Any ideas?  A colleague was able to
> get my example working under Gentoo.  Is this an OS X thing?
>
> Here's my details:
> Max OS 10.4.6
> Apache Tomcat 5.5.17
> Apache Axis 1.4
> mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.java

Re: Axis-1.4 - JDBC Driver - Mac OS X

SebDel
Hi Toshi,

Thank you for your answer.
I am not using Mac OS X, so the problem must be somewhere else.
I will check if it is at the level of Tomcat; maybe I have to configure Tomcat so that it can access the MySQL database before Axis is able to reach the database.

Sébastien.

kimuratsy wrote

ntrebon wrote:

> I am trying to set up a simple web service example on my local machine
> that can access a mysql database.  No matter what I do, I cannot get
> the server code to load the jdbc driver (I get ClassNotFound exceptions).
> When I run a plain java app that uses the driver, the app can
> successfully query the database.  Currently, my server code prints out
> my classpath, and the jar file is not in the classpath that the server
> code uses.  I have tried placing the jar file various places, but it
> is never found.  I have tried tomcat/common/lib,
> tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/, tomcat/shared/lib/, etc.  When I try
> the fingerprint.jsp page within axis, I see that the jar is listed
> under the webapp jars section.  Any ideas?  A colleague was able to
> get my example working under Gentoo.  Is this an OS X thing?
>
> Here's my details:
> Max OS 10.4.6
> Apache Tomcat 5.5.17
> Apache Axis 1.4
> mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.java

Re: Axis-1.4 - JDBC Driver - Mac OS X

kimuratsy
Hi Sébastien,

 I see. You're right. Please let us know the results
of your actions.

Thanks,
Toshi