Axis2/C and Qt

Sam Carleton-2
Does anyone know if someone has ever written a WSDL2QT utility to allow Axis2/C to integrate with Qt?

Re: Axis2/C and Qt

Rajika Kumarasiri
Sam,
AFAIK no.

Rajika

Does anyone know if someone has ever written a WSDL2QT utility to allow Axis2/C to integrate with Qt?

Re: Axis2/C and Qt

Sanjiva Weerawarana
Sam, why does it need a special stub? Isn't Qt in C++??

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation; http://www.opensource.lk/

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: Axis2/C and Qt

Sam Carleton
I am revisiting this questions, from a different prospective...

When I asked it originally, I was thinking of a Qt client using Axis2/C, now I am entertaining the idea of using Qt in the Axis2/C server.  One possible concern I would have in using Qt, or any other framework within the Axis2/C module is keeping the memory management consistent.  Especially since my modules run within Apache, if I am not mistaken, Axis2/C does use Apache pools, I would like to see Qt also use Apache pools.

So is there some way to make a 3rd party library like Qt be able to access Apache pools via the Axis2/C memory management system?

Sam

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sam, why does it need a special stub? Isn't Qt in C++??

Sanjiva.

Does anyone know if someone has ever written a WSDL2QT utility to allow Axis2/C to integrate with Qt?

Re: Axis2/C and Qt

Samisa Abeysinghe-4

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Sam Carleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am revisiting this questions, from a different prospective...

When I asked it originally, I was thinking of a Qt client using Axis2/C, now I am entertaining the idea of using Qt in the Axis2/C server.

Not sure I get this. QT is mainly visual widgets, and why do you want that on server?

Samisa...

One possible concern I would have in using Qt, or any other framework within the Axis2/C module is keeping the memory management consistent.  Especially since my modules run within Apache, if I am not mistaken, Axis2/C does use Apache pools, I would like to see Qt also use Apache pools.

So is there some way to make a 3rd party library like Qt be able to access Apache pools via the Axis2/C memory management system?

Sam

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sam, why does it need a special stub? Isn't Qt in C++??

Sanjiva.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Sam Carleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anyone know if someone has ever written a WSDL2QT utility to allow Axis2/C to integrate with Qt?

--
Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering - WSO2 Inc.

http://wso2.com/ - "lean . enterprise . middleware"

Re: Axis2/C and Qt

Samisa Abeysinghe-4

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Sam Carleton <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am revisiting this questions, from a different prospective...

When I asked it originally, I was thinking of a Qt client using Axis2/C, now I am entertaining the idea of using Qt in the Axis2/C server.  One possible concern I would have in using Qt, or any other framework within the Axis2/C module is keeping the memory management consistent.

You can plug a QT based memory manager by extending the memory struct.

Especially since my modules run within Apache, if I am not mistaken, Axis2/C does use Apache pools, I would like to see Qt also use Apache pools.

Yes it does use apr pools.

Samisa...