Axis2/C simple HTTP(S) server

Daniel Blake
Hi,

I'm implementing a web service (server side) and wanted to know if the axis2/c simple HTTP server supports HTTPS?

I haven't been able to find anything that says it can't, but the only information I have found for HTTPS on the server side seems to talk about deploying a full Apache web server.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

PS. I'm new to Axis2/C and am using 1.6.0 at present. Have gotten a service & client working using HTTP already, with the axis2_http_server.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel Blake

Re: Axis2/C simple HTTP(S) server

Guruprasad Nagaraj
I am using axis2c-unofficial (https://code.google.com/p/axis2c-unofficial/) which is based on 1.6.0, and adds JSON support.
This version supports ssl, at least that is what I see from ./configure —help. I have not used it though.

Yes, I have seen similar documentation on the web that recommends use of Apache web server, which I did not want to in this particular case.

Thanks and Best Regards,
GPN

On 04-Jul-2014, at 3:02 pm, Daniel Blake <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm implementing a web service (server side) and wanted to know if the axis2/c simple HTTP server supports HTTPS?

I haven't been able to find anything that says it can't, but the only information I have found for HTTPS on the server side seems to talk about deploying a full Apache web server.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

PS. I'm new to Axis2/C and am using 1.6.0 at present. Have gotten a service & client working using HTTP already, with the axis2_http_server.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel Blake

Re: Axis2/C simple HTTP(S) server

Emanuele Benedetti-2
Hi

For what I remember the simple server doesn't support SSL.

So you need to deploy the full Apache web server.

Anyway, the simple server is only recommended for testing purpose. For production environment Apache is more secure and reliable.

--
Saluti
Emanuele