[Axis2} - Upgrade to TLS1.2 with Axis2 1.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Axis2} - Upgrade to TLS1.2 with Axis2 1.5

Ashish Mantri
Hi,

As part of my project we are upgrading to TLS1.2, currently I am using Axis2 version 1.5.
I wan't to know if TLS1.2 will be supported with Axis2 1.5 or I will need to update Axis2.

Thanks in advance.

Ashish Mantri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Axis2} - Upgrade to TLS1.2 with Axis2 1.5

robertlazarski .


On Nov 6, 2017 12:24 AM, "Ashish Mantri" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

As part of my project we are upgrading to TLS1.2, currently I am using Axis2 version 1.5.
I wan't to know if TLS1.2 will be supported with Axis2 1.5 or I will need to update Axis2.

Thanks in advance.

Ashish Mantri

1.5 is no longer supported, any problems should be tested against the latest release - currently 1.7.6 .

That being said ... your web server or load balancer typically would handle the TLS layer. If you have set up your axis2.xml to listen on port 443 or 8443, I suggest you test with the latest axis2 version.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Axis2} - Upgrade to TLS1.2 with Axis2 1.5

Ashish Mantri
Hi,

Thanks for your response, but i am currently only using axis2 to generate client side code.’ 

Sent from my iPhone

On 06-Nov-2017, at 9:58 PM, robertlazarski . <[hidden email]> wrote:



On Nov 6, 2017 12:24 AM, "Ashish Mantri" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

As part of my project we are upgrading to TLS1.2, currently I am using Axis2 version 1.5.
I wan't to know if TLS1.2 will be supported with Axis2 1.5 or I will need to update Axis2.

Thanks in advance.

Ashish Mantri

1.5 is no longer supported, any problems should be tested against the latest release - currently 1.7.6 .

That being said ... your web server or load balancer typically would handle the TLS layer. If you have set up your axis2.xml to listen on port 443 or 8443, I suggest you test with the latest axis2 version.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Axis2} - Upgrade to TLS1.2 with Axis2 1.5

robertlazarski .


On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Ashish Mantri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your response, but i am currently only using axis2 to generate client side code.’ 

Sent from my iPhone


Are you using client certificates with axis2 via javax.net.ssl.SSLContext? You will have to explain your code better.

If any event, you will have to test your code with the latest axis2 releases.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Axis2} - Upgrade to TLS1.2 with Axis2 1.5

Ashish Mantri
Hi,

I generated the client code using commands and using client stub to invoke the WS. 
In code there is no handling of SSLContext.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashish Mantri

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:44 PM, robertlazarski . <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Ashish Mantri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your response, but i am currently only using axis2 to generate client side code.’ 

Sent from my iPhone


Are you using client certificates with axis2 via javax.net.ssl.SSLContext? You will have to explain your code better.

If any event, you will have to test your code with the latest axis2 releases.