Axis2c status, attic, etc.

Bill Blough

Hi,

Looking back through the list archives, I see there was some discussion
about moving axis2c to the attic, then some activity to try to avoid
that, and then I guess everyone got busy, as visible activity seems to
have stopped.

If it's not too late, I'd like to help. I still rely on axis quite a
bit and would hate to see it go away.

Please let me know if it's too late and axis is destined for the attic,
or if I should start working on outstanding issues on the 1.7.0 roadmap.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Axis2c status, attic, etc.

Giorgio Zoppi
Hello,
we tried but there no critical mass to produce something useful and of QUALITY.
The main problem is the lack of real test and coverage framework and
commitment from the people. IMHO We need a regression test tool for
axis for correcting bugs. At least if we dont find people working
actively we can go directly on attic.
Best Regards,
Giorgio.

On 2/24/17, Bill Blough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looking back through the list archives, I see there was some discussion
> about moving axis2c to the attic, then some activity to try to avoid
> that, and then I guess everyone got busy, as visible activity seems to
> have stopped.
>
> If it's not too late, I'd like to help. I still rely on axis quite a
> bit and would hate to see it go away.
>
> Please let me know if it's too late and axis is destined for the attic,
> or if I should start working on outstanding issues on the 1.7.0 roadmap.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Re: Axis2c status, attic, etc.

Bill Blough
I should be able to dedicate some time every week, but exactly how much
time will vary depending on what else I have to do that week.

Unless there are objections, I'll get Google Test integrated into the
build system, and also gcov for code coverage metrics.  Then I'll start
working on adding tests.

Once there is better test coverage, perhaps others will feel more
inclined to contribute. It would be nice to get things rolling again.

Bill