Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Talley, Angelina

Hello folks. I’m working to parse a WSDL given to me by a customer, so unfortunately I don’t have much control over its format and content. But, so far, I’ve not been able to get it to work with WSDL2Java. I’ve tried both adb and xmlbeans data binding options, and both get the same exception. I’ve tried searching for this error, but so far no luck.

The WSDL is quite large so I’ve not posted it here. Is there someplace or something in the WSDL I should be looking for that could cause this error as seen below? Or, is there anything that can be done to get past it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

This is the exception I am getting:

Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\axis2-1.6.2

Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_22

Retrieving document at 'Epic.wsdl'.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.axis2.i18n.Project

ResourceBundle).

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException

: Error parsing WSDL

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:181)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseExtensibilityAttributes(Unknown

Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseOperation(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parsePortType(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(

CodeGenerationEngine.java:320)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:133)

        ... 2 more

RE: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Martin Gainty

check your wsdl4j jar to make sure the version is 1.6.2

http://ws.apache.org/commons/transport/dependencies.html

Viel Gluck,

Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung.

RE: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Talley, Angelina

Yes, version 1.6.2 confirmed.

RE: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Talley, Angelina

Yes, version 1.6.2 confirmed.

Re: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

subrahmanya konduru

From the error stack trace i understand that there is some error while parsing the wsdl file...
The below snippet from your error stack trace conveys that message.

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseExtensibilityAttributes(Unknown
Source)

It is expecting some attribute kind of thing.. but it is not available or it is null..

Good luck.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM, Talley, Angelina <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, version 1.6.2 confirmed.

Subrahmanya

AW: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Stadelmann Josef-2

maybe you can take someone's Visual Studio 2010 or better and

use the add service reference menu to suck up the wsdl file and

create stubs and skeletons

maybe it gives you insight about what is wrong with your wsdl.

Josef

RE: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Talley, Angelina

Hi folks! Yep, I thought about that. But, interestingly enough, wsimport (for creating a JAX-WS client) works, and I can even pass the simple test of opening the file as an XML file in IE (if it was malformed it would not open). It’s just Axis that fails. L So, I figure it’s probably something in the WSDL that’s either unusual or not supported. So, I guess I’m looking for ideas for the types of issues that might cause the error I’m seeing.

Angie Talley

Sr. Consulting Engineer

Nexus IS, Inc.

AW: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Stadelmann Josef-2

If you have NOW an JAX-WS client – can you also make a JAX-WS server?

We did so on OpenVMS and we built the server with Maven on OpenVMS as a JAX-WS service into a .WAR package and deploy it to Tomcat. all fine.

So we have now a client on .NET 4.0 WCF calling a stub generated by add reference using VS 2010,

and a service running as Tomcat web apps using axis2-1.6.1

But for that to work we had to endorsed 4 jars into jre/lib/endorsed and tomcat/lib/endorsed from a JDK 7 kit on the server. This because the axis2 service in conjunction with JAX-WS uses somewhere an interface with 4 parameters but the underling implementing JDK 6 provides only 3 of them which results in a setter method not found exception.

The files in question for us at that time where:    jaxws-api.jar;1     jsr181-api.jar;1    jsr250-api.jar;1    saaj-api.jar;1

posted already in this forum.

Josef

Re: Code Generation Exception - any way to work around?

Krishna
I found this simple solution. I had this similar issue and found that the PortType is declared after the Binding, hence the NPE. See this link: http://sourceforge.net/p/wsdl4j/bugs/37/