Does axis2c do something to file descriptor 2?

Does axis2c do something to file descriptor 2?

Paul Ackersviller
I've recently noticed that after calling a web service via axis2c,
all subsequent output to stderr no longer appears, or possibly goes
somewhere I haven't located.  I haven't found out where this might
be happening -- can anyone point to what I might be missing?

SV: Does axis2c do something to file descriptor 2?

Rune Sindahl
Hi,

You don't mention which server you are using(apache web server or
simple_axis2c_server), but in my experience(using apache web server to load
the axis2-module) the stderr gets redirected by apache to the error_log
inside the httpd/logs/ directory on CentOS. Have you checked this place?

Kind regards
Rune Sindahl

Re: SV: Does axis2c do something to file descriptor 2?

Paul Ackersviller
Thanks, but there isn't any apache server involved on the client side
where the axis call happens.  Searching again, this line looks suspicious:
src/core/transport/http/sender/ssl/ssl_utils.c:62:        bio_err = BIO_new_fp(stderr, BIO_NOCLOSE);

We are using ssl, but I'm unfamiliar with BIO_new_fp -- can anyone say
whether that could be what does it?