FW: anyType

Chuck Replogle
Message
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Replogle [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 19:17
To: [hidden email]
Subject: xsd:anyType

There seems to be a disconnect between Axis Java and Axis C/C++.  Axis Java, more specifically WSDL2Java will handle a WSDL that uses the type xsd:anyType while Axis C/C++ does not.  Glancing at the code it looks like Axis C/C++ supports xsd:any but in a somewhat strange way (arrays of xsd__string types).  I realize that "officially" the xsd:anyType is an optional feature (per the W3C XML Schema), but since Axis Java supports it, why not Axis C++?  The problem I'm facing is I am in the situation where I need to use Axis C++ on a WSDL generated by Axis Java.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck Replogle