[Fwd: Re: Apache 2.0 vs Apache 1.3]

Samisa Abeysinghe
Would appreciate thoughts on this.

Please see the mail tail below.

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: John Hawkins <[hidden email]>
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Apache 2.0 vs Apache 1.3
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 11:17:27 +0100

I've been thinking this too - we should go to the user list first.

Samisa Abeysinghe
<[hidden email]>

05/05/2005 16:30
         Please respond to
  "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
Apache AXIS C
Developers List
<[hidden email]>
                cc

           Subject
Apache 2.0 vs
Apache 1.3

Hi all,

I have noticed widespread use of Apache 2.0 and the number of queries we
are getting on Apache 1.3 is near 0.
Given this, would it be a bad idea to support only Apache 2 on server
side?
This will simplify the docs as well.

Thoughts please.

Thanks,
Samisa...
Samisa Abeysinghe <[hidden email]>
Virtusa Corporation

Re: [Fwd: Re: Apache 2.0 vs Apache 1.3]

Rangika Mendis

I also think that it would be better to support only for Apache 2.

Regds
Rangika
On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 16:25 +0000, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Would appreciate thoughts on this.
>
> Please see the mail tail below.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

Tony Dodd
I've lots of users who still use Apache 1.3, though personally I use 2.0. It
isn't just a question of the systems we developers use: we have in turn to
support users hosting our developed services who are running pretty
unsophisticated systems. Given that it works nicely now and is not too hard
for people without much technical background to set up, I'd be sorry if you
were to drop it.

Pejic,Srdjan [Ontario]
Good day all,

Right now I am using Apache 1.3, because when I started to read
documentation and user postings, I got the sense that Axis is more
stable with Apache 1.3. I'd like to see the support for that version of
Apache stay for now, unless I am wrong about the stability issue.

Thanks,

Srdjan Pejic
Software Development Intern
Environment Canada