How to dump out XML before encryption

Robert Dodier
Hello, I am trying to capture XML sent from my web service client
(using Axis2) to the server via HTTPS. It seems like it should be
easy enough to dump out the XML before it's encrypted, but I haven't
been able to figure out the right flags or whatever it takes.
If anyone has a suggestion, I'll appreciate it very much.

best,

Robert Dodier

Re: How to dump out XML before encryption

Robert Dodier
I tried to set up logger properties for this purpose,
but I don't get any output from any org.apache.axis.transport.*
class. My log4j.properties is shown below.
I'm working from a suggestion made here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/axis-java-user/200806.mbox/%3C30A5F9D51C0D9D47BD8D89C85B49E70002116FC7@...%3E

If someone can suggest something else to try, that would be terrific.

best,

Robert Dodier

PS.
log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %-5p: %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.transport=DEBUG, stdout

Re: How to dump out XML before encryption

Kishanthan Thangarajah
You are not using the correct log4j entry here. The correct package
structure is : org.apache.axis2.transport

The log4j entry will look like :
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis2.transport=DEBUG

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Robert Dodier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried to set up logger properties for this purpose,
> but I don't get any output from any org.apache.axis.transport.*
> class. My log4j.properties is shown below.
> I'm working from a suggestion made here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/axis-java-user/200806.mbox/%3C30A5F9D51C0D9D47BD8D89C85B49E70002116FC7@...%3E
>
> If someone can suggest something else to try, that would be terrific.
>
> best,
>
> Robert Dodier
>

> PS.
> log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout
> log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %-5p: %c - %m%n
> log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.transport=DEBUG, stdout

Re: How to dump out XML before encryption

Robert Dodier
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

I eventually settled on log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG
and got some useful output that way.

best,

Robert Dodier