Problem with Axis2 1.7.0

M. Arif Wicaksana
Dear all,

we used to develop web service using predefined WSDL (attached) on Eclipse. Our development tools were Eclipse (Luna R2), Tomcat 1.8.0, and Axis2 1.6.x. and it worked fine.

Now, I want to create web service based on the same WSDL file, but using Axis2 1.7.0 instead of 1.6.4.

I got the following error during WSDL-to-code generation:
Exception occurred during code generation for the WSDL  : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ws/commons/schema/XmlSchema

I understand from the release note that Axis2 1.7.0 has upgraded its XMLSchema hence it is backward incompatible with Axis2 1.6.x. But I am not sure how can I relate this to my problem. From what I understand, Axis2 complains that XMLSchema is not present. So, I import XMLSchema jar into my project build path. But the same error still occurs.

Would you mind to point out how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Regards,
Arif

BookQuote.wsdl (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with Axis2 1.7.0

M. Arif Wicaksana
Hi Andreas,

I attach the trace together with this email.

I am not sure what tool is used by Eclipse for code generation. But I think it might be Ant.

My steps:
I use Eclipse (Luna R2), Tomcat 8, and Axis2 1.7.0
I create new dynamic web project.
I put my WSDL in the project (attached in my previous email).
I use 'new > web services > web service' wizard:
- 'Top down Java bean web service' is selected
- my WSDL file is referred as the service definition
- Server runtime: Tomcat 8.0 server, Web service runtime: Axis2. Service generation level: start service. Client generation level: none
- Click 'finish' to start the web service generation
- get the error

When I use the steps above on Axis2 1.6.4, it works fine.

Regards,
Arif

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Andreas Veithen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

trace.txt (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with Axis2 1.7.0

Andreas Veithen-2
That wizard is maintained by the Eclipse project. I suspect that they
construct the class loader that they use to load the Axis2 tooling in
a way that makes it incompatible across different major Axis2
releases. You should probably file a bug with them.

That being said, the wizard is fine to experiment and play around, but
it should not be part of your development process. Instead, all
generated code should be produced during your build process, i.e. you
should use the Maven plugins or the Ant task.

Andreas

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:37 PM, M. Arif Wicaksana
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I attach the trace together with this email.
>
> I am not sure what tool is used by Eclipse for code generation. But I think
> it might be Ant.
>
> My steps:
> I use Eclipse (Luna R2), Tomcat 8, and Axis2 1.7.0
> I create new dynamic web project.
> I put my WSDL in the project (attached in my previous email).
> I use 'new > web services > web service' wizard:
> - 'Top down Java bean web service' is selected
> - my WSDL file is referred as the service definition
> - Server runtime: Tomcat 8.0 server, Web service runtime: Axis2. Service
> generation level: start service. Client generation level: none
> - Click 'finish' to start the web service generation
> - get the error
>
> When I use the steps above on Axis2 1.6.4, it works fine.
>

> Regards,
> Arif
>

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Andreas Veithen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> What tool exactly do you use to perform code generation? Alternatively, do
>> you have a full stacktrace?
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> On Feb 2, 2016 9:13 AM, "M. Arif Wicaksana" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> we used to develop web service using predefined WSDL (attached) on
>>> Eclipse. Our development tools were Eclipse (Luna R2), Tomcat 1.8.0, and
>>> Axis2 1.6.x. and it worked fine.
>>>
>>> Now, I want to create web service based on the same WSDL file, but using
>>> Axis2 1.7.0 instead of 1.6.4.
>>>
>>> I got the following error during WSDL-to-code generation:
>>> Exception occurred during code generation for the WSDL  :
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ws/commons/schema/XmlSchema
>>>
>>> I understand from the release note that Axis2 1.7.0 has upgraded its
>>> XMLSchema hence it is backward incompatible with Axis2 1.6.x. But I am not
>>> sure how can I relate this to my problem. From what I understand, Axis2
>>> complains that XMLSchema is not present. So, I import XMLSchema jar into my
>>> project build path. But the same error still occurs.
>>>
>>> Would you mind to point out how to solve this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Arif

Re: Problem with Axis2 1.7.0

Tamás Patai

I have the same problem?
Could you solve it meanwhile to give mea hint?

Thanks in advance
Tamás