RE: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Raghu Udupa-2

From: Raghu Udupa
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:06 PM
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Hi,

I am looking for official release of Axis2/C-1.6.0.

But, when I try to access http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache//ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz, I am getting URL not found error.

Thanks,

Raghu

Raghu

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Dinesh Weerapurage
Hi Raghu,

    Thanks for letting us know. We will look into this issue

thanks,
Dinesh.

AW: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Andreas.Voellmy

Hi

Already some while ago axis was moved to the archives.

You can find the download here:

http://archive.apache.org/dist//ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz

I guess a new release would be needed to get axis2c back into the official versions – does anyone have some news, when we could expect 1.7.0? (Or what is missing to get there.)

Regards

Andreas

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Dinesh Weerapurage
We started working on 1.7.0 release over a year ago but lost traction over time. I'm thinking we don't have enough devs to fix issues and/or get current trunk (master branch) into release ready state. Minimum viable option for a release would be release current trunk without applying any more patches. IMO, current branch was unstable (many samples failed) and I don't have enough cycles left to fix them. If there is enough interest on helping making current trunk stable, I can help with the release.

In any case(with or without release), having broken download links on the main website should be fixed.

thanks,
Dinesh.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 2:20 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

Already some while ago axis was moved to the archives.

You can find the download here:

http://archive.apache.org/dist//ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz

I guess a new release would be needed to get axis2c back into the official versions – does anyone have some news, when we could expect 1.7.0? (Or what is missing to get there.)

Regards

Andreas

RE: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Scott Bostater

Actually, I can see emails regarding Axis2/C 1.7.0 – RC1 going back to July 2010.  Every so often some asks the question (I asked back in Dec 2011).  But there are always a “few more” JIRAs that need to be completed first.   Those that have so graciously offered to help either get discouraged, burned-out, or a life and end up walking away.  I’m not trying to demean those who have volunteered in the past (which is more than I have),  but if the 1.7.0 code base is so unstable and unsupportable that it takes 4+ years to release, maybe you should just abandon it.  Stick it on a shelf with Windows Me and Vista and move on.    Either go back to the 1.6.0 code base and start fresh or convert to using the  axis2c-unofficial repository, or admit defeat and officially declare that 1.6.0 is the last release.

I believe there’s a quote from some guy named Al about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results…

I’d offer to help, but I’m way too busy waiting in line at the video game store  for the release of Kingdom Hearts 3  for my daughter.  I got in line when she was in middle school and hope to have the game before she graduates from college next year.

Scott Bostater
678-639-5252
www.jda.com

RE: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Nadir Amra
Just to chime in, I for one do plan on working on this and hope to get as many fixes in as possible, but will not start until second half of the year.  So get your JIRAs in.

www.jda.com

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Giorgio Zoppi

It looks like we need a release manager to have a relase of Axis2C:) Seriously, who is actively fixing and working on Axis2C?  What about the merge with Axis2C unofficial.
We need a solid rock SOAP engine opensource and no gplled.

Best Regards,
Giorgio

--
Quiero ser el rayo de sol que cada día te despierta
para hacerte respirar y vivir en me.
"Favola -Moda".

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Giorgio Zoppi
What about releasing and validating a previous release with just only leak fixes and no features?
Best Regards,
Giorgio

www.jda.com