RE: is it possible to change soapenc:string to xsd:string in generated WSDL?

RE: is it possible to change soapenc:string to xsd:string in generated WSDL?

Merten Schumann
Hello,

just tried Axis 1.2 final instead of 1.2rc3. My web services still work
fine :-)

Found that the param "dotNetSoapEncFix" in server-config.wsdd obviously
made it to the final 1.2 That's fine for my usage scenario. Seems, by
default it's set to "true".

Anyway, I still have these strange behaviour with freshly deployed
services, see below ... Again, anybody else experiencing this strange
behaviour in Axis? Maybe it's just my usage scenario here with Tomcat in
a Windows environment or so ...

cu
   Merten

Dovholuk, Clint
Merten,

I've opened a bug I think that is about your issue...

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1976

it seems that the flag is being reset whenever you call a web service
using the axis generated classes.

to solve the issue myself, before I return anything I do:

    if(!TypeMappingImpl.dotnet_soapenc_bugfix)
    {
      TypeMappingImpl.dotnet_soapenc_bugfix = true; //or whichever value
you "need"
    }

it does the trick for me, but it's got to be a bug...

Are you using any autogenerated classes to call some other web service
and THEN seeing the issue?

-Clint

just tried Axis 1.2 final instead of 1.2rc3. My web services still work
fine :-)

Found that the param "dotNetSoapEncFix" in server-config.wsdd obviously
made it to the final 1.2 That's fine for my usage scenario. Seems, by
default it's set to "true".

Anyway, I still have these strange behaviour with freshly deployed
services, see below ... Again, anybody else experiencing this strange
behaviour in Axis? Maybe it's just my usage scenario here with Tomcat in
a Windows environment or so ...

cu
   Merten

Clint,

hm, I have no Axis specific code in my web service. I just wrote a
JAX-RPC compliant web service and added Axis to my web app and then let
Axis generate the WSDL and all for me in the deploy (wsdd) step. I think
I even did not try to write a client utilizing Axis, I just have

But, maybe when they fix your issue my one is gone too :-)

BTW: I tried to interest them to let the dotNetSoapEncFix to be
controled on a per service base (in wsdd file for a service) but seems
there's no audience for this ;-)
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1879

Will have a look at this tomorrow again ..
cu
   Merten

dims
Merten,

we are interested in fixing this...but there just so many things to do
and so few hours in a day :)

-- dims

On 5/5/05, Merten Schumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Clint,
>
> hm, I have no Axis specific code in my web service. I just wrote a
> JAX-RPC compliant web service and added Axis to my web app and then let
> Axis generate the WSDL and all for me in the deploy (wsdd) step. I think
> I even did not try to write a client utilizing Axis, I just have
>
> But, maybe when they fix your issue my one is gone too :-)
>
> BTW: I tried to interest them to let the dotNetSoapEncFix to be
> controled on a per service base (in wsdd file for a service) but seems
> there's no audience for this ;-)
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1879
>
> Will have a look at this tomorrow again ..
> cu
>    Merten

Davanum,

understand, same for me here in my stuff to process, I was just trying
to raise my feature request and bug report a bit in priority ;-) ;-) ;-)

You have this "vote" feature on JIRA, which is IMHO a suitable mechanism
to kind of set priorities and all. But nobody else seems to be
interested in my feature request, that's what I meant when I wrote
"there's no audience for this". So it's absolutely okay to be processed
not in a minute since nobody else seems to have a problem with this. :-)

   Merten