Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Christian faucher
Somebody should upgrade the http://ws.apache.org/axis/ main page:
doesnt show the 1.2 release yet.

Christian Faucher

On 5/4/05, Glen Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> After *much* too long, the Axis team would like to announce the release
> of Axis 1.2 final.  You can get it at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_2/  (if your favorite
> mirror doesn't have it yet try another, it's propagating now)
>
> A few words about this release -
>
> * A LOT of things have been cleaned up/fixed since 1.1, but 1.2 is not
> yet a perfect beast.  We know there are still issues that, although they
> didn't block this release, are important to our user base.  We will be
> working to resolve these in the near term, which brings us to...
>
> * This took way too much time.  We will (for the remainder of Axis 1.X's
> lifetime and hopefully all of Axis 2.0's...) be focusing much more
> aggressively on the "release early and often" mantra.  Expect to see
> more fixes and more official releases near term.
>
> * Thanks to EVERYONE who submitted bug reports, patches, and
> (especially) good, concise test cases.  Without your help we wouldn't
> have been able to make half the progress we did.
>
> * As always, please send questions/comments to [hidden email],
> and development-related issues to [hidden email].  Issues may be
> checked and filed at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS
>
> Onwards to 1.Next...
>
> Thanks,
> --Glen
>   on behalf of the Axis team

Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Toshi
Done. Thank you for the info. Please check the site
after a while.

Thanks,
Toshi

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Christian faucher wrote:

> Somebody should upgrade the http://ws.apache.org/axis/ main page:
> doesnt show the 1.2 release yet.
>
> Christian Faucher
>
> On 5/4/05, Glen Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi folks:
>>
>> After *much* too long, the Axis team would like to announce the release
>> of Axis 1.2 final.  You can get it at:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis/1_2/  (if your favorite
>> mirror doesn't have it yet try another, it's propagating now)
>>
>> A few words about this release -
>>
>> * A LOT of things have been cleaned up/fixed since 1.1, but 1.2 is not
>> yet a perfect beast.  We know there are still issues that, although they
>> didn't block this release, are important to our user base.  We will be
>> working to resolve these in the near term, which brings us to...
>>
>> * This took way too much time.  We will (for the remainder of Axis 1.X's
>> lifetime and hopefully all of Axis 2.0's...) be focusing much more
>> aggressively on the "release early and often" mantra.  Expect to see
>> more fixes and more official releases near term.
>>
>> * Thanks to EVERYONE who submitted bug reports, patches, and
>> (especially) good, concise test cases.  Without your help we wouldn't
>> have been able to make half the progress we did.
>>
>> * As always, please send questions/comments to [hidden email],
>> and development-related issues to [hidden email].  Issues may be
>> checked and filed at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS
>>
>> Onwards to 1.Next...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Glen
>>   on behalf of the Axis team

lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

I.Venuti
Hi,

I noticed that some libs in the new axis webapp contains the release number
(i.e common-discovery-0.2.jar) while in the RC3 only log4j contains it.
Obviusly this isn't a problem, but I need to retouch all my build files in
order to change the classpaths and this will be done at any new release of
the jars.

I think that the older convention is more easy to mantain.

-- Ivan

Re: lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

dims
we get bug reports, either way. if we do this people say do that, and
we do that people say do this.... :(

-- dims

On 5/9/05, I.Venuti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that some libs in the new axis webapp contains the release number
> (i.e common-discovery-0.2.jar) while in the RC3 only log4j contains it.
> Obviusly this isn't a problem, but I need to retouch all my build files in
> order to change the classpaths and this will be done at any new release of
> the jars.
>
> I think that the older convention is more easy to mantain.
>
> -- Ivan

Re: lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Mike Moran
I.Venuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that some libs in the new axis webapp contains the release number
> (i.e common-discovery-0.2.jar) while in the RC3 only log4j contains it.
> Obviusly this isn't a problem, but I need to retouch all my build files in
> order to change the classpaths and this will be done at any new release of
> the jars.
>
> I think that the older convention is more easy to mantain.

I think I prefer the new way. However, I think there needs to be more
documentation about where the libraries come from. This is useful if you
want to get the non-axis jars from the original project (e.g. I may use
commons-discovery in more than one app and want to include it
separately). The Spring -with-dependencies distribution is a good
example of the format I am thinking of.

--
Mike