Removal of API's

hawkeye

HI Folks,

we have some deprecated API's (where they were spelt badly for instance) e.g. getTrasportProperty(...)

How many releases do we have to leave these in for until we're going to remove them entirely? And, does anyone remember when they were deprecated?

RE: Removal of API's

Samisa Abeysinghe

We deprecated getTrasportProperty in 1.4 and removed in 1.5

As far as I know, we do not have defined time gap between deprecation and removal.

Thanks,

Samisa…

we have some deprecated API's (where they were spelt badly for instance) e.g. getTrasportProperty(...)

How many releases do we have to leave these in for until we're going to remove them entirely? And, does anyone remember when they were deprecated?

RE: Removal of API's

Adrian Dick
Samisa,

There are still 7 deprecated methods in include/axis/client/Stub.hpp

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick ([hidden email])

"Samisa Abeysinghe" <[hidden email]> wrote on 12/05/2005 06:30:42:

> We deprecated getTrasportProperty in 1.4 and removed in 1.5
>
> As far as I know, we do not have defined time gap between
> deprecation and removal.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa…

deprecated?

RE: Removal of API's

Samisa Abeysinghe
Oh yes, I removed in SOAPTransport class. Not in Stub class which is a
public API.

Samisa...

There are still 7 deprecated methods in include/axis/client/Stub.hpp

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick ([hidden email])

"Samisa Abeysinghe" <[hidden email]> wrote on 12/05/2005
06:30:42:

> We deprecated getTrasportProperty in 1.4 and removed in 1.5
>
> As far as I know, we do not have defined time gap between
> deprecation and removal.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

deprecated?

RE: Removal of API's

hawkeye

So, I think it's fair if we attempt to do a n->n-2 policy on deprecation.

Therefore, we can now remove these API's completely :-)

Adrian Dick/UK/IBM@IBMGB

12/05/2005 09:18

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <[hidden email]>
cc
Subject
RE: Removal of API's

Samisa,

There are still 7 deprecated methods in include/axis/client/Stub.hpp

Regards,
Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick ([hidden email])

"Samisa Abeysinghe" <[hidden email]> wrote on 12/05/2005 06:30:42:

> We deprecated getTrasportProperty in 1.4 and removed in 1.5
>
> As far as I know, we do not have defined time gap between
> deprecation and removal.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa…

deprecated?