RoadMap Axis2C

Giorgio Zoppi
Dear all,
i have put all the suggestions that i had and a first roadmap that I would like to share with you the plan for your feedback:
WBS Name Start Finish Duration
1 AxisFactoring     0d
2 Branch From 1.6     0d
3 Regression Test Framework with Gtest n.a n.a 0d?
3.1 UnitTest Context     0d
3.2 UnitTest Engine     0d
3.3 Unit Test Client API     0d
3.4 UnitTest util     0d
3.5 UnitTest transport     0d
3.6 Unit Test Axiom     0d
4 Cmake Build n.a n.a 0d?
4.1 Cmakefy     0d
5 Quality Improvement n.a n.a 0d?
5.1 Issue 1464     0d
5.2 Issue 1312     0d
5.3 Issue 1415     0d
5.4 Issue 1397     0d
5.5 Issue 1227     0d
5.6 Issue 1482     0d
5.7 Issues 1664/1669
    0d

6
Reduce code base n.a n.a 0d?
6.1 Study Replacement of axisutil with apr     0d
6.2 Remove guthilla xml     0d
7 Refactor http transport n.a 0d?
7.1 Study performance and scalability of http transport     0d

We have to put the hours we will branch out from 1.6 to a next-version, we will not introduce features until we not have achieved the quality to a good level.

So please help me to put hours and what you would like to do. The first week of August we can have a sprint meeting, This is our current backlog. The subtree quality improvement can have more issues  to fix ( i counted around 100).
 Due to our limited time the sprint are 1 month long. This ends my 4 hour weeks to study and organize the plan. The priority are:
- Subtree 2
- Subtree 3
- Subtree 5

Best Regards,
Giorgio.

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Giorgio Zoppi
Dear all,
for my side I have just refactored to build with CMake Axis Util project
at https://github.com/jzoppi/axis2c/tree/1.0.x/src/util and I wil add this week the unit tests with gtest. As soon as the tests and no leak present will be ready I will create a JIRA.
Best Regards,
Giorgio.

--
Quiero ser el rayo de sol que cada día te despierta
para hacerte respirar y vivir en me.
"Favola -Moda".

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Giorgio Zoppi
Dear all,
i am developing tests in the subtree 3 of my plan. Regression Test with Google Test Framework.

I have extracted axis-util for the current trunk, create an enviroment with gtest, gcov, lcov with CMake and started to add tests.
With this command you enable the gtest and gcov

cmake -DENABLE_COVERAGE=ON CMakeLists.txt

make axutil-test_coverage  # you execute the tests

This closes my 4 hour week. Next weeks i will add more test to get a good test coverage for axutil.

Best Regards,
Giorgio

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Deepal Jayasinghe-2
Hi Giorgio,

Thanks for keeping list updated. Where are we on the release ? more to go?

Deepal

> Dear all,
> i am developing tests in the subtree 3 of my plan. Regression Test
> with Google Test Framework.
>

> I have extracted axis-util for the current trunk, create an enviroment
> with gtest, gcov, lcov with CMake and started to add tests.
> The result is at https://github.com/jzoppi/axis2c-trunk/tree/master/util
>

> With this command you enable the gtest and gcov
>
> cmake -DENABLE_COVERAGE=ON CMakeLists.txt
>
> make axutil-test_coverage  # you execute the tests
>

> This closes my 4 hour week. Next weeks i will add more test to get a
> good test coverage for axutil.
>

> Best Regards,
> Giorgio

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Giorgio Zoppi
Hi Deepal,

I need help in that sense. That the idea is to have each subpart of my plan subtree 3 with all coverage tests with Google Test.

3

Regression Test Framework with Gtestn.an.a0d?
3.1UnitTest Context 0d
3.2UnitTest Engine 0d
3.3Unit Test Client API 0d
3.4UnitTest util 0d
3.5UnitTest transport 0d
3.6Unit Test Axiom

0d

Currently am doing 3.1. I switched to use the current trunk. At the end we want a complete test coverage of axis2c before starting reorganizing thing and bugfixing. There is a lot of job to do. I think that i will have the coverage of util soon, than i will move to axiom. if someone can help in doing the same thing with client api or other parts of axis.
Best Regards,
Giorgio.

[...]

"Favola -Moda".

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Giorgio Zoppi
Dear Deepal
Let me clarify a bit. The idea is to have release 1.6.1 after having a regression test infrstructure ready and with the issues planned fixed. I will do the next update when I have the regression test ready. It is a pity to archive this project.
Best Regards,
Giorgio

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Nadir Amra
Things got busy, but I plan on fixing bugs and cleaning up JIRAs next week.  I plan on doing it from SVN trunk at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/c/core/trunk.

Re: RoadMap Axis2C

Deepal Jayasinghe-2
No worries, and thanks for keep us updated.

Deepal