Tutorial help

plork123

Hello all

Please can somebody help me.  I have an example i'm trying to get working

from here
http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/xml/better-soap-interfaces/page3.html

I'm using eclipse with the wtp tools and i've created a web service from the
HeaderService.java

Now i want to implement the HeaderClient to test the soap request/response
but having no luck.  I don't know how to test the HeaderClient.java.  Can
anybody help me

Thanks in advance

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

Re: Tutorial help

Dan O'Neill
A liitle confused by your question? Is your service up and running so
that you can see its wsdl?

Oh and maybe you've seen this but take out the & and replace with just `&'?

On 5/9/05, Plorks mail <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Please can somebody help me.  I have an example i'm trying to get working
>
> from here
> http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/xml/better-soap-interfaces/page3.html
>
> I'm using eclipse with the wtp tools and i've created a web service from the
> HeaderService.java
>
> Now i want to implement the HeaderClient to test the soap request/response
> but having no luck.  I don't know how to test the HeaderClient.java.  Can
> anybody help me
>
> Thanks in advance

> Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters!
> http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

Re: Tutorial help

plork123

Yes i've got the service up and running and can see the wsdl file - i
created the web service on the HeaderService.java.

What i'm confused iswhat to do next, with the HeaderClient.java, how i run
it to test the method 'main

Thanks for your help'

>From: Dan O'Neill <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: Tutorial help
>Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:26:56 +0100
>
>A liitle confused by your question? Is your service up and running so
>that you can see its wsdl?
>
>Oh and maybe you've seen this but take out the &amp; and replace with just
>`&'?
>

>On 5/9/05, Plorks mail <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all
> >
> > Please can somebody help me.  I have an example i'm trying to get
>working
> >
> > from here
> >
>http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/xml/better-soap-interfaces/page3.html
> >
> > I'm using eclipse with the wtp tools and i've created a web service from
>the
> > HeaderService.java
> >
> > Now i want to implement the HeaderClient to test the soap
>request/response
> > but having no luck.  I don't know how to test the HeaderClient.java.
>Can
> > anybody help me
> >
> > Thanks in advance

> > Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free
>newsletters!
> > http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/

Re: Tutorial help

Dan O'Neill
if you've wriiten it in eclipse IDE then all you have to do is go to
Run as... and click application.... but if it takes in arguments you
can specify them somewhere... cant quite remember where...

Or your window then just cmd to the folder and java headerclient arg1 arg2

Eclipse should have compiled it if you have automatic build on.....

Dan

--
Classic Family Guy.....

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle i find, i shall KILL you." - Stewie
"And Joe, I've had new neighbors before, but none of them were half
the man you are. Since you're half a man already, that splits them
into some kind of fraction I can't even measure." - Peter
"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." Quagmire
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began
to know what I was talking about." - Peter

Re: Tutorial help

Dan O'Neill
If "you are using windows" is what I was trying to say... this should
work becasue the services name is in the client code...

On 5/9/05, Dan O'Neill <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if you've wriiten it in eclipse IDE then all you have to do is go to
> Run as... and click application.... but if it takes in arguments you
> can specify them somewhere... cant quite remember where...
>
> Or your window then just cmd to the folder and java headerclient arg1 arg2
>
> Eclipse should have compiled it if you have automatic build on.....
>
> Dan
>
> On 5/9/05, Plorks mail <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes i've got the service up and running and can see the wsdl file - i
> > created the web service on the HeaderService.java.
> >
> > What i'm confused iswhat to do next, with the HeaderClient.java, how i run
> > it to test the method 'main
> >
> > Thanks for your help'
> >
> > >From: Dan O'Neill <[hidden email]>
> > >To: [hidden email]
> > >Subject: Re: Tutorial help
> > >Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:26:56 +0100
> > >
> > >A liitle confused by your question? Is your service up and running so
> > >that you can see its wsdl?
> > >
> > >Oh and maybe you've seen this but take out the &amp; and replace with just
> > >`&'?

> > >working

> > >http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/xml/better-soap-interfaces/page3.html

> > >the

> > >request/response
> > >Can

> > >newsletters!

> > Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now!
> > http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/
> >

> --
> Classic Family Guy.....
>
> "Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle i find, i shall KILL you." - Stewie
> "And Joe, I've had new neighbors before, but none of them were half
> the man you are. Since you're half a man already, that splits them
> into some kind of fraction I can't even measure." - Peter
> "Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." Quagmire
> "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began
> to know what I was talking about." - Peter

--
Classic Family Guy.....

"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle i find, i shall KILL you." - Stewie
"And Joe, I've had new neighbors before, but none of them were half
the man you are. Since you're half a man already, that splits them
into some kind of fraction I can't even measure." - Peter
"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." Quagmire
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began
to know what I was talking about." - Peter

Re: Tutorial help

plork123

Hi,

I'd like to use eclipse as i have the tcp monitor running andi want to see
the soap message

I have the HaderService/HeaderClient in the same package.  When i
right-click the HeaderClient Seleect Run put in program args, nothing
happens
Thanks for your help

>From: Dan O'Neill <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: Tutorial help
>Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:37:13 +0100
>
>If "you are using windows" is what I was trying to say... this should
>work becasue the services name is in the client code...
>
>On 5/9/05, Dan O'Neill <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > if you've wriiten it in eclipse IDE then all you have to do is go to
> > Run as... and click application.... but if it takes in arguments you
> > can specify them somewhere... cant quite remember where...
> >
> > Or your window then just cmd to the folder and java headerclient arg1
>arg2
> >
> > Eclipse should have compiled it if you have automatic build on.....
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On 5/9/05, Plorks mail <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes i've got the service up and running and can see the wsdl file - i
> > > created the web service on the HeaderService.java.
> > >
> > > What i'm confused iswhat to do next, with the HeaderClient.java, how i
>run
> > > it to test the method 'main
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help'

>just

> >http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/xml/better-soap-interfaces/page3.html

>service from

>HeaderClient.java.

> > > Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now!
> > > http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/
> > >

> > --
> > Classic Family Guy.....
> >
> > "Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle i find, i shall KILL you." -
>Stewie
> > "And Joe, I've had new neighbors before, but none of them were half
> > the man you are. Since you're half a man already, that splits them
> > into some kind of fraction I can't even measure." - Peter
> > "Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time."
>Quagmire
> > "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began
> > to know what I was talking about." - Peter
> >

>--
>Classic Family Guy.....
>
>"Yes, but no sprinkles. For every sprinkle i find, i shall KILL you." -
>Stewie
>"And Joe, I've had new neighbors before, but none of them were half
>the man you are. Since you're half a man already, that splits them
>into some kind of fraction I can't even measure." - Peter
>"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time."
>Quagmire
>"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began
>to know what I was talking about." - Peter

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk