exposure to web service

wsdl nerd
Hi,
I want to expose a function that is in a class file
which inturn imports a set of other classes and
packages.

I plan to use the java2wsdl and wsdl2java, but should
i take care about all the import stuff??

Hoping for an immediate reply,
Thanks..

RE: exposure to web service

Jay, Thomas
In the Service Impl class, you will have the operation method.

In that method, it is typical to call a stateless session bean that
does your work, this would be a Session Facade type pattern.
This allows the Web Service to be Scaleable across
a J2EE server.

Alternatively, you can have the method call a normal Facade pattern
where you have the detailed implementation details for the service
but abstract this from the Impl class, you would still need to
have the Impl class import the package of your Facade.

RE: exposure to web service

wsdl nerd
Thanks a lot Jay,

Now I've another problem,.
I'll compile my file to generate the classfile which
is used to develop wsdl file using java2wsdl, but axis
shows the following error..

The actual import class is org.example.foo.resource,
but axis has taken it in the reverse form and gives
the following error,

WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find
prefix for 'http://resource.foo.example.org'.

Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition
object using the addNamespace(...) method.:

at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getPrefix(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getQualifiedValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.printQualifiedAttribute(Unknown
Source                )
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printParts(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printMessages(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printDefinition(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.writeWSDL(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.getDocument(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:267)

Is there any solution to this,.

Really need help in this regard..
Thanks..  :-)