property_Type creates useless code!

Miller, Gerald

I had to extract from the adb-codegen jar and hack org/apache/axis2/schema/template/CADBBeanTemplateSource.xsl to change every occurrence of “property_Type” to “property_Axis2CType” in order to allow a schema containing <element name=”Type” … /> to create buildable code!!!

This communication, along with its attachments, is considered confidential and proprietary to Vistronix.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above.  Note that unauthorized disclosure or distribution of information not generally known to the public is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.

Re: property_Type creates useless code!

Thomas Gentsch

Hi Gerald,

I used Axis2c in the past in a few project, in the end successfully, but
also had to debug+fix a few things.

At the very beginning I also experimented with generated code but
dropped that because of similar troubles and the overhead of the
generated code, instead I manually built the SOAP payload on C-level.

And, for quite a while now this mailing list and probably the whole
Axis2c appears to be dead, so I'd not expect too much help here.
But, there is a google-code fork "axis2c-unofficial" of Axis2c with
quite a couple of fixes, maybe have a look there too.

Good luck,
  tge

On Di, 2017-02-07 at 19:59 +0000, Miller, Gerald wrote:
> I had to extract from the adb-codegen jar and hack
> org/apache/axis2/schema/template/CADBBeanTemplateSource.xsl to change
> every occurrence of “property_Type” to “property_Axis2CType” in order
> to allow a schema containing <element name=”Type” … /> to create
> buildable code!!!

RE: property_Type creates useless code!

Miller, Gerald
Thanks, tge --

After seeing no responses to several mails to the list, I've mainly been sharing my experience and workarounds in the hope they'll be useful to others.  I'm trying to evaluate AXIS2/C as an alternative to gSOAP.

I used Axis2c in the past in a few project, in the end successfully, but also had to debug+fix a few things.

At the very beginning I also experimented with generated code but dropped that because of similar troubles and the overhead of the generated code, instead I manually built the SOAP payload on C-level.

And, for quite a while now this mailing list and probably the whole Axis2c appears to be dead, so I'd not expect too much help here.
But, there is a google-code fork "axis2c-unofficial" of Axis2c with quite a couple of fixes, maybe have a look there too.

Good luck,
  tge

On Di, 2017-02-07 at 19:59 +0000, Miller, Gerald wrote:
> I had to extract from the adb-codegen jar and hack
> org/apache/axis2/schema/template/CADBBeanTemplateSource.xsl to change
> every occurrence of “property_Type” to “property_Axis2CType” in order
> to allow a schema containing <element name=”Type” … /> to create
> buildable code!!!

Re: property_Type creates useless code!

Emanuele Benedetti-2
HI

I've used axis2/C for write many web services and few clients in the
past. It works but there are many bugs that has never been fixed.

I've found, years ago, the sources for the version 1.7 that has never
been officially released and fix some memory leak. But still I have to
restart my service once per day to avoid memory growing.

Furthermore the project is dead. Even the 'unofficial' branch is not
updated in two years.

For the new projects we use gSoap. It works well and is supported and
updated. It has a better and more elegant application interface.

I didn't check for performance differences, but gSoap doesn't has any
memory leak and works well in software that need to run 24h.

I don't see any reason to move from gSoap to Axis2/C.

Il 08/02/2017 13:44, Miller, Gerald ha scritto:

> Thanks, tge --
>
> After seeing no responses to several mails to the list, I've mainly been sharing my experience and workarounds in the hope they'll be useful to others.  I'm trying to evaluate AXIS2/C as an alternative to gSOAP.

Saluti
Emanuele