removing the service end point printing by the clients in the Test framework

removing the service end point printing by the clients in the Test framework

Dushshantha Chandradasa

Hi All,

Some clients in the test framework prints the service end point in their .out files and the framework check the .out file and .expected file of a particular test to check whether it is passed or not.

If the user’s service end point is difference from the one in the .expected file, the framework says that the test failed although the test is passed.

It would be better if the client avoid printing the service end point  in the .out file and also remove it from the .expected file.

Regards,

Marcus Dushshantha Chandradasa

Associate  Software Engineer

Virtusa (Pvt) Ltd.

[hidden email]

Mob:  0714867441

Re: removing the service end point printing by the clients in the Test framework

hawkeye

Yes, agreed - this is bad practice.

If the endpoint is essential to the test then we should have some kind of dynamic creation of the output file i.e. parse the file and replace characters with the correct String e.g

%serverurl%

this could easily be done in the ANT scripts.

"Dushshantha Chandradasa" <[hidden email]>

10/05/2005 09:01

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <[hidden email]>
cc
Subject

dchandradasa@...
Mob:  0714867441

Re: removing the service end point printing by the clients in the Test framework

Samisa Abeysinghe-2
+1 for removing the endpoint from the expected output.

Samisa...