ws-addressing question

Patrick Duflot
Hi list,

Is there a way to specify two distinct information for the physical addressing and the logical address ?

For example, I want to send a request to an url, let's say http://172..22.13.3/axis2/services/MyService.
And I want that the wsa:To field contains this logical name : queueXT23.

Thank you

Patrick

Re: ws-addressing question

Samisa Abeysinghe-4

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Patrick Duflot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

Is there a way to specify two distinct information for the physical addressing and the logical address ?

For example, I want to send a request to an url, let's say http://172..22.13.3/axis2/services/MyService.
And I want that the wsa:To field contains this logical name : queueXT23.

WS-Addressing spec does not  have such support.

Samisa...

Thank you

Patrick

--
Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering - WSO2 Inc.

http://wso2.com/ - "lean . enterprise . middleware"

Re: ws-addressing question

Damitha Kumarage-4
Patrick Duflot wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to specify two distinct information for the physical
> addressing and the logical address ?
>
> For example, I want to send a request to an url, let's say
> http://172..22.13.3/axis2/services/MyService.
> And I want that the wsa:To field contains this logical name : queueXT23.
Why you need to do this?. Perhaps we may be able to suggest a workaround.

Thanks,
Damitha

> Thank you
>
> Patrick

Damitha Kumarage
Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.
"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform; " http://www.wso2.com/

blog: " http://damithakumarage.wordpress.com/

Re: ws-addressing question

Patrick Duflot

We have a message broker that acts as a gateway between our client and our service.

This broker sends in-only message to our service. Our service is supposed to asynchronously send a response to the broker IP address (which is known by configuration) and move the wsa:replyto of the incoming message to the wsa:to header of the outgoing message. This original wsa:replyto is a logical queue name of the broker.

One obvious workaround is to use queue names of the form http://broker_address/queue_name, but this would require to modify the broker code and I am not supposed to do that.

Thank you

Patrick

Patrick Duflot wrote:

> We have a message broker that acts as a gateway between our client and
> our service.
>
> This broker sends in-only message to our service. Our service is
> supposed to asynchronously send a response to the broker IP address
> (which is known by configuration) and move the wsa:replyto of the
> incoming message to the wsa:to header of the outgoing message. This
> original wsa:replyto is a logical queue name of the broker.
>
> One obvious workaround is to use queue names of the form
> http://broker_address/queue_name, but this would require to modify the
> broker code and I am not supposed to do that.
>
> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
In Axis2/C http_transport_sender code there is a code block like this

/    transport_url = axis2_msg_ctx_get_transport_url(msg_ctx, env);
    if(transport_url)
    {
        AXIS2_LOG_DEBUG(env->log, AXIS2_LOG_SI, "transport_url:%s",
transport_url);
        epr = axis2_endpoint_ref_create(env, transport_url);
    }
    else
    {
        /* when transport url is not available in msg_ctx */
        axis2_endpoint_ref_t *ctx_epr = axis2_msg_ctx_get_to(msg_ctx, env);

/If you somehow manage to call msg_ctx_set_transport_url from your
client then message will be sent to transport_url while maitaining
addressing:to in the message.(As apparent from above code)

If you use op_client instead of service client you may be able to obtain
the message context so that you can set transport url. I don't remember
exact detail but you can try

Thanks,
Damitha